Peter has a passion for building partnerships with people around a shared purpose. He is able to make the theory of change relevant and meaningful within the operational environment
Peter Lawrence has worked within the UK Civil Service for over 40 years in a number of operational and change leadership roles.
His passion is to build capability in client organisations, making a wide range of change management tools accessible to both change management and operational professionals.
He builds credible and trusted relationships with a clear delivery focus. During his career his roles have included:
- Head of Organisation Design at HM Revenue & Customs
- Operational Director with responsibility for 1100 staff
- Lead Organisation Design consultant for a number of Whitehall departments
- Training over 300 staff in the use of continue improvement tools and techniques using the EFQM model
- Delivering on site change management support to the Cabinet Office of the Republic of Zambia
- Hosting senior teams visits from Pakistan, Ghana, Ethiopia and India in support of change management initiatives
Peter is a member of the UK Civil Service Stabilisation Unit’s Civilian Stabilisation Group, providing Organisation Development and Design Consultancy.
Peter’s Core Skills are:
- Conference speaker: addressing large groups enthusing and energising communities and organisations
- Presentational skills: enabling people to communicate clearly and effectively
- Organisation Design: helping people to build and maintain effective and efficient communities
- Team development: building teams that will make a difference
- Change management: making change happen and making it stick