MA(Oxon), MAC, MBPsS
Cathy’s style is to work supportively but also to be challenging in the relationships with her clients, to offer honest feedback and to challenge the status quo; to facilitate learning beyond the superficial; and to seek ways forward to produce real and lasting change.
Cathy Korn has over 25 years of experience of working as a coach, facilitator, mediator, and developer in organisations and has worked with many senior teams and boards.
Highly skilled in developing and empowering individuals, facilitating organisational change, and resolving conflict between groups and individuals, she has a strong sense of personal integrity contributing to a model of true partnership working with clients and colleagues.
Her recent assignments include:
- Working with the Executive Team of a major rail franchise to support them in working as a cohesive team during a period of industrial action and negative press reporting.
- Supporting teaching hospitals in the north of England to re-establish a collaborative working culture after disruption through inter-team conflict.
- Working with UK Ambassadors to support their preparation for their leadership roles when going out to overseas postings.
- Designing and leading a multi-modular leadership programme for emerging leaders in a leading UK university.
- Supporting a London hospital through restorative interventions to move forward from a climate of broken trust and damaged relationships affecting service delivery.
- Working as a Collaboration Partner for a main contractor on the HS2 project to enable efficiencies and effectiveness across the supply chain.
One of her roles is to support the development of members of the internal team within Mayvin.
Cathy read Experimental Psychology at the University of Oxford and has trained at the Metanoia Institute and the Academy of Executive Coaching, Specialising in Gestalt as a model for working with individuals and groups. She is a member of the Association for Coaching and a Principal Member of the Association of Business Psychologists, a member of the Occupational Psychology Division of the British Psychological Society and is Accredited Workplace and Commercial Mediator (SPC 2007) and has a certificate in the Facilitation of Action Learning from the University of Chichester.