She relishes her role as a trusted advisor and thought partner for business leaders, providing strategic leadership in designing and delivering both small- and large-scale change initiatives, either on a local or global basis.
She has designed and delivered various initiatives such as:
- Consulted on employee cultural change journey and delivered sequenced dialogic interventions to embed a growth mindset and agile culture
- Provided OD and change consultancy and leadership on integration/separation activities to functional leaders across the business. Planned, designed, and executed strategy
- Led business transformation, developed change methodology and change roadmap with country managers; coached and developed senior leaders’ capability to lead and manage change
- Designed and implemented digital and agile transformation programme in automotive industry
- Introduced agile ways of working and design thinking in an investment bank
- Designed an experiential framework that enabled senior leaders to engender a culture of change and innovation
- Architected and facilitated a Complexity Labs – a real-life learning journey to equip managers to deal with complexity and ambiguity in their roles and organisational context
- Designed and facilitated global experiential “Leading Leaders “Leadership Programmes
- Organized Digital Learning Journeys to enable managers and leaders to approach their digital challenges or systems through the lens of different industries and stakeholders (Locations: London UK, Tallinn, Estonia)
Val started her consulting career with KPMG where she has worked with major clients across the Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Automotive and Manufacturing industries in the UK, Europe, US, Africa and Asia. She later undertook various interim roles, designing and leading business transformation initiatives with a digital and agile agenda as drivers for change. This led Val to transition to a Director-level role in which her key responsibilities were to reposition and innovate a business, and to develop a digital service line offering, before then returning to business consulting and leadership development.
Val holds a Ph.D. in Behavioural Economics and Sociology, and a post-graduate qualification in Management and Administration from Harvard University. She is certified in Organisational Change (Peter Senge, MIT) and in the practices of Theory U and Design Thinking. She is a qualified in Group Dynamics Trainer and Large Group Facilitator and certified in Gestalt Therapy & Organisational Development (Ed Schein MIT) and has studied applied System Thinking and Agile Methodology.
Val is a Faculty member of the London Business School where she designs and delivers Digital Transformation programmes for Business Leaders. She is also on the Executive Education Faculty of Warwick Manufacturing Group where she designs and delivers an experiential Innovation programme “Value Creation Through Innovation” and is leading Change and Transformation Programmes in the UK and Asia. (Hongkong, Singapore and Malaysia).
Val has published articles about management and leadership and has published an article entitled "Why your organisation needs post-heroic leadership". Val holds Austrian citizenship, speaks German and English fluently and lives in London.