MSc, BA, HSDP
Steve supports and challenges clients to find their edge and stretch when what they are after is more than simply ‘better sameness’.
Steve Hearsum supports and challenges clients to find their edge and stretch when what they are after is more than simply ‘better sameness’. His focus is on three main areas:
Digital Age Leadership: development that gets that digital and emerging technology are not just a backdrop, they are intertwined with what leaders and managers need to know, how they need to be and what they need to do;
Organisational change & transformation: core to that are culture work and Organisation Design;
Practitioner development: supporting those tasked with changing and transforming organisations to be effective ‘agents of change’, whatever their label (Org Dev, HR, Change, Org Des etc).
Steve has been told he “brings the grit around which pearls may form” and is “the right kind of fly in the ointment”. Clients have commented on his openness, honesty and integrity when facilitating, and a knack for asking questions that matter.
He often finds himself working with individuals, teams and organisations to increase their capacity for collaboration and experimentation – both of which are indicators of a successful modern organisation. He is an experienced developer of OD and Change Practitioners, with a keen focus on the challenges that internal ‘change agents’ face.
Recent work includes:
- in-house OD/Change Practitioner Programmes for a globally recognized luxury motor manufacturer, a leading UK retail brand and the NHS
- design and delivery of a entirely on-line/virtual OD programme for a global FMCG company
- design and delivery of a People challenges in a digital world programme for a major European bank on aimed at HR and Digital leaders
- a talent programme across the EMEA region for next generation senior leaders in another global motor manufacturing business
- multiple middle management and change leadership development programmes for a leading academic publisher
- a workshop for CEOs in major multi-agency business aimed at creating a ‘feedback culture’; masterclasses on Organisation Design and speaking truth to power.
Steve regularly delivers on a globally recognized Organisational Development Practitioners Programme and is Co-Chair of the Organisational Development Network Europe.
All this and an eclectic background, having worked in telecoms, spent several years at The Guardian developing new business models and revenue streams before transitioning into an internal consulting role. Periods of consulting independently were interspersed by four and a half years at the Roffey Park Institute, where he launched the first ever Digital Leadership Programme at a UK management/leadership education centre.
As well as his first degree, Steve holds a Masters in Change Agent Skills & Strategies from the University of Surrey, is a qualified practitioner in both Human Systems Dynamics and Systemic Constellations. He is certified in Firo B and Dimensions profiling, and is a Certified Digital Age Leadership Coach.