MA, MSc, BA (Hons)
Philippa’s experience of senior roles and her training as an organisational change consultant means that her approach is leading edge, empathetic and grounded in the real world of work.
Philippa Morris is an experienced Organisational Development consultant and Executive Coach. Before joining Mayvin as an Associate, Philippa worked at Board level with a number of large and complex organisations in the public sector.
Philippa is passionate about helping individuals and teams to reach their full potential and believes strongly that organisations succeed through the creativity, collaboration and, most importantly, contribution of its people. Appreciative and challenging, she supports her clients to move beyond tick box action plans and find practical solutions to the challenge of delivering in new and more effective ways.
Philippa has substantial experience of organisational design projects including downsizings, shared service and transformational redesigns. She understands that the change process is messy and can be highly unpredictable. Philippa works in partnership with her clients to develop new operating models that connect people with strategy, engage and build talent and capability.
Philippa recent OD and coaching clients include national charities (Oxfam, Barnardo’s, Macmillan Cancer Support), Local Authorities (Haringey Council, Barking and Dagenham Council), NHS/Heath organisations (West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group) and a variety of private sector clients including BlackRock, G4S, Red Hat and a national zoo.
MA Coaching Psychology (Metanoia Institute)
MSc Organisational Change (Ashridge)
BA Hons (Sussex University)
Areas of Expertise:
• Organisational Development and Design
• Executive Coaching (individual and team)
• Workshop Facilitation
• Leadership and Management development
• Change Consultancy
• Transition coaching
Relevant Experience. Philippa has worked with a:
• North London Council to support the OD aspects of their Customer Services Transformation programme to web-enabled service access – activities included ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ organisational designs, role profile development, key stakeholders’ workshops and 1-2-1 consultations, competency mapping, support for staff into new roles and responsibilities.
• East London Council downsizing to deliver a 25% reduction in ‘back-office’ staff numbers. Working closely with council managers and HR/Finance/Legal services, activities included operating model development and consultation, stakeholder engagement, process mapping, role/competency development, job matching, workshops to help staff prepare for job change and strengthen levels of personal resilience.
• Culture Change Programme (Barking and Dagenham) to support a more enabling style of management including support of internal HR team to undertake project and milestone planning, consultation with senior stakeholders, engagement of 40 managers in a collaborative inquiry to consider the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ culture, delivery of 10 facilitated workshops to explore behaviour/ mindset change.
• Executive Coaching programme (British Council). Coaching senior managers facing redundancy or retirement. Resiliency, issues of identity and purpose, choice and change run through this coaching. The coaching programme comprised five coaching sessions over 4-6 months. Clients reported major shifts in confidence and clarity as a result of the programme.
• Into University coaching programme: Short one-hour coaching conversations with over 25 interns in several major banks to reinforce learning and challenge/support mindset change.
• Private client work with new managers, job changers and graduate trainees in a variety of organisations. Issues explored the lack of a skill such as influencing, working with uncertainty, team management and delegation.
Examples of other facilitation/training/OD work:
• Change support programme evaluation (Oxfam) to assess the impact and learn from the V2020 transformation support provided for leadership, ways of working, attitudes/behaviours and to effective teams work. Activities included in-depth interviews with Country Directors, HR staff, programme staff.
• Performance Development Review training (Macmillan Cancer Support) Consultation, design and delivery of one day and bite-sized skills-based workshops for London and regional office staff. Courses included ‘Crucial and Difficult Conversations’ and ‘Giving and Receiving feedback’. Over 300 staff attended workshops over two years – 100% saying the course met their learning needs/would recommend the course to others.
• Organisational development project with an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group and its stakeholders
• Design and facilitation of multi-agency partnership events for a Clinical Senate; Health and Wellbeing board; a Children’s Trust; and Children’s Safeguarding partnership.