Liz is highly experienced with exceptional communication and leadership skills and a strong track record in leading personal and team transformational change programmes.
Liz Goold is an experienced Organisation Development and change practitioner, systems leadership developer, action learning facilitator and leadership team/executive coach. She brings 30 years’ experience of working with organisations and networks in the UK public and not-for-profit sectors and with international NGOs/UN agencies in Africa and Asia. As well as serving as Senior OD Fellow with the Office for Public Management (OPM), she has also worked with a variety of academic/university institutions, including as Director of a Masters leadership programme in Eastern Europe and the Balkans through London Metropolitan University, faculty team member for the LGA National Graduate Development Programme through INLOGOV and with Ashridge Business School.
She specialises in enabling systems change around health and social care integration, asset-based approaches to working with communities, leading on national systems leadership programmes for place- teams of senior leaders, building long term internal OD and change capability and leadership team coaching and culture change with a variety of organisations, including Oxfam, Amnesty, NHS and local authorities. She has also served as a Board member of an International disability NGO for the last 13 years.
She enjoys working with complex, ‘wicked issues’, bringing together multiple stakeholder perspectives and supporting connections, learning and change across organizational, sector and cultural boundaries and systems, using methods such as learning labs, action inquiry, action learning sets, communities of practice, self-managed teams and large group interventions including World Café/Open Space. She also seeks to integrate contemporary approaches to OD and change into her practice, such as Teal, Theory U, Public Narrative and dialogic OD. She enjoys using her strong inquiry, relational and facilitation skills to create the conditions for different kinds of conversation and dialogue that support positive and sustainable shifts in thinking and reflective practice in service of social outcomes- be it in leadership teams, with change agents and front-line staff, large multi-stakeholder groups or creating a movement for change. She is naturally collaborative and developmental in her approach with others to ensure learning and change is sustained and is committed to developing her own reflective practice in everything she does.
• Designing and leading culture change and transformation programmes in partnership with clients
• The design and development of new customised leadership programmes and products based on latest research.
• Working with top teams on team development and coaching on a 1-1 and team basis.
• Providing supervision to OD professionals and coaches.
As a consultant for 30 years, Liz has designed and led major transformation programmes and all aspects of the client relationship – both in the UK and globally. Examples include:
• Leadership team coaching and culture change work with Oxfam Uganda and Oxfam Sierra Leone, as part of global transformation programme
• Long-term leadership team coaching for SMT’s and Boards working with culture, inter-personal conflicts, external relationships, strategy and collective leadership
• System enabler re supporting health and social care integration in localities across public, voluntary, social enterprise and private sectors, prototyping and experimenting with new ways of working around complex social issues and supporting communities of practice, learning labs- including Local Vision in Liverpool, Plymouth, Better Care Fund in Bristol and NHS Pioneers in Cheshire.
• Senior team coaching and OD mentoring with large regional housing association
• OD consultancy to build leadership capability/team working with senior team including cross-cultural issues
• Tutor on ‘Future Leaders’ programme for senior managers from local authorities, health and voluntary sector at Ashridge Business School
Education and Professional Accreditation:
• MSc in Organisation Consulting and Change (Ashridge Business School- 2004-7)
• Diploma in Human Resource Development (South Bank University- 1994-96).
• BA (Hons) Development Studies (University of East Anglia- 1982-5)
• Certificate in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring (ILM Level 7)
• Certificates in Organisational Constellations and Systemic Constellations and Coaching
• Certificate in Supervision in Team Coaching (CTSD)
• Accredited Workplace Mediator (Open College Network)
• Accredited Trainer/Consultant with Scheme for Professional Development (Tavistock)
• Accredited trainer of Action Learning facilitators (ILM)
• Licensed to use MBTI and LQF 360.
• Member of OD Network, Association for Coaching, OD supervision group
• Various short courses in TA, Gestalt, NLP, Future Search, Open Space, World Cafe